There is greatness to be found at Surf's Up New Hampshire! Do you need a reason to go?
Hold out your hand – see those fingers? We've got 5 Reasons for you to pack your gear and head to Nashua, New Hampshire to check out the incredibly cool things found in this facility of indoor fun!
1. INDOOR SURFING - We all know that it is hard to stay active on a board in the winter unless you're next to a mountain and have lift tickets of course. Lucky for all of us, so do the masterminds behind Surf's Up New Hampshire. They boast the largest indoor surfing facility in North America offering 9 different style waves! They've taken the time to make sure that when you walk into their space and out from winter's cold, that you have an amazing wave to ride. This February 25th is your chance to see the wave in full action during the 2nd Annual Tropical Wave Shred Competition. The bar was set high last year, and we know everyone has been practicing throughout the year on waves everywhere. Everyone is sure to be entertained as a spectator, as the gnarliest carving and tricks will be shown for all eyes to see.
2. INDOOR SKYDIVING - This is definitely for you, should you be more than just a spectator. When we said the sky was the limit, it was because you would only be limited by the ceiling of the building when choosing this activity. Hop into the vertical wind tunnel with an instructor and learn the skydive basics as you test your body against the wind forces; all without having to leap out of a perfectly good airplane. Don't worry about falling either, as the trampoline flooring will just bounce you back up to geo-static skydiving.
3. FISHPIPE - The third choice available is just as fun, even if you are into just riding along for the excitement! Up to three people can slide into this unique water contraption that resembles a giant hamster ball. This safe and inflated ball looking structure keeps you sloshing and sliding as if riding down the world's longest waterslide, all without the predictability of upcoming turns and without the immense structure to climb up. It's simply a great time with friends while getting wet!
4. ROCK CLIMBING - If you are there to stay dry, then we strongly recommend their rock climbing wall! This very authentically crafted wall is as close to a real rock challenge as you can get. They have taken the steps to replicate real rock, so that beginners all the way up to experts can fine tune their skills in an indoor environment.
5. OASIS CAFE - Why not spend the day at Surf's Up New Hampshire, because everyone's fifth choice is the one that always seals the deal – and is available during and in between the rest of the fun. We are talking all the fantastic things to indulge from the Oasis Cafe menu. Their menu has all the finger foods and energy treats you would want, and even offers those that just want to sit and spectate some excellent beverage options.
They obviously do not want people to leave, and in fact want everyone to keep coming back. We are going back for our second year in a row, in the winter – because we just can't help ourselves with all they offer! I would suggest getting there now or anytime before then, to practice and avoid any possible lines...however, on the 25th you'll be able to see the best of the best compete on the indoor wave made possible by American Wave Machines.