Monster Army Wake Surf Captain Ashley Kidd has been on fire lately taking the top spot on the podium at competitions all around the world. Ashley has a drive and passion unlike any other and that is why she is this week's AOTW!
- Who influences you and why?
Anyone that tells me I can't do something… It just makes me try that much harder.
- What / Who inspired you to start wake surfing?
My brother taught me and kept me motivated through it all.
- What are your proudest moments / accomplishments in 2013 / 2014?
I would have to say that my proudest accomplishments through wake surfing are all of the sponsors I have earned. They are so awesome and support me so much. I feel that I have also accomplished a lot in pushing the women's side of the sport to do big tricks such as air 180s and air reverses.
- What part of your riding are you looking to improve upon most this year?
I just want to keep pushing myself to learn more tricks and go as big in contests as I do when I'm riding at home.
- Have you had to overcome any challenges that made wake surfing an obstacle at times? (i.e. Injuries, support)
Yes… a lot of obstacles… I used to have to drive 3 hours to my lake house to wake surf for the weekends then the lake dried up so I couldn't practice very much. When I turned 18 I moved to Austin TX. Now I am 10 minutes away from a lake!
- What is your daily routine and how do you prepare yourself for a day out on the water?
I don't really have a daily routine I kind of live life by the moment. Only thing that's usually the same is I eat oatmeal at least once a day! I usually just throw my board, snacks and water in the boat and go ride until I'm tired!
- Where would you like to see yourself in the next few years?
Still competing in wake surfing and pushing the sport to keep growing! I would also eventually like to get into modeling.
- When I’m not out on the water you can find me____________________?
Hanging out with my friends, on a plane, painting, or being cuddled up in bed with my cat and the AC freezing reading a book.
- Who would you like to thank?
I would like to thank all of my sponsors Centurion Boats, Monster, Erie Wake, Hula Boat Care, Pura Vida Bracelets, DFW Surf and all of my family of course for always being there to support me!
Article By: Monster