Morgan Mason hails from a small cattle farm in Kansas. Shortly after graduating high school he left for Iraq to serve in Operation Iraqi Freedom with the Army Reserves. Upon his return from the overseas tour, Morgan moved to Colorado in order to pursue new adventures in the mountains. He spent his first summer guiding whitewater rafting trips down Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River. This experience spawned in him a new addiction to the thrill of navigating whitewater rapids. Since then Morgan has helped pioneer stand up paddling in the Rocky Mountain region while working for Boardworks SUP, Badfish SUP and Rocky Mountain Paddleboard. When he’s not going down river you can find him surfing the breaks of southern California or Mexico.
Favorite SUP Spots:
- Colorado: Durango, Buena Vista, Salida, Glenwood Springs
- Jackson Wyoming
- and lots of various spots in Baja
Board of Choice:
- Either Badfish 6'11" River Surfer or Badfish 9'0 MVP w/ Sharkskin
Paddle of Choice:
- Boardworks two piece adjustable for convenience
- Werner makes a strong river paddle
- Assisted in Pioneering SUP in the Rockies with Boardworks & Badfish SUP.
- Organized or assisted in over 20 SUP events
- ACA SUP Instructor
To keep up with Morgan's adventures check out his blog: www.vanmandog.com